More adults in Virginia now have access to quality, low-cost and no-cost health insurance. Virginians aged 19-64 can submit an application at any time of the year to get the health care they need so they don't have to worry about getting sick or having an accident.
If you think you might be eligible for the New Health Coverage for Adults, take a look at the information on this page to find out more
about it. You can check to see if you or other members of your family might qualify for health coverage by answering five questions about
your income and family size using the Screening Tool. If it looks like you or anyone in your family may be eligible, please apply!
You can apply for health coverage in any of the following ways:
- Call the Cover Virginia Call Center at 1-855-242-8282 (TDD: 1-888-221-1590) to apply on the phone Mon - Fri: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Sat: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Complete an online application at Common Help: www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
- Complete an online application at The Health Insurance Marketplace: www.healthcare.gov
- Mail or drop off a paper application (Spanish) to your local Department of Social Services (Mailing may take longer than other methods of applying). Find your nearest local department of social services by visiting: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/localagency/
- Call the Virginia Department of Social Services Enterprise Call Center at 1-855-635-4370 (If you also want to apply for other benefits)
You may be eligible if you make less than:
Do you qualify for health benefits?
Check out the Eligibility Screening Tool to see if you may be eligible.*
*This tool is only for the purpose of estimating eligibility. Actual eligibility cannot be determined until the time when you apply.
Resources for Advocates
Please visit the Advocates page for helpful resources that can assist you with outreach.